Web development is used to refer to a wide term for all the different work that is involved in the development of a particular web site for Internet (or the World Wide Web) or often an intranet (which is a private network). The field of web development may range from the development of the very simple static single page of a plain text to something very complex web-based internet applications, social network services and electronic business. A much more detailed list of jobs to which the arena of web development mainly refers to, can often include web content development, web design, client-side/server-side scripting, client liaison, network security and web server configuration, as well as e-commerce growth. Among all the professionals in this business, "web development" is a term that normally refers to the primary non-design part of setting up a websites – such as coding and writing mark-up.
Unlike the task of website designing, which forms a beautiful as well as professional getup for a particular website, the field of web development is usually referred to as the back-end of a website. It is actually what drives the website to function properly. Web development usually focuses upon the ways in which a website functions as well as how the customers are being able to find their way through it and also make purchases at the same time, in a easier way.
There are different elements of website development:
- Unique Typography: Most of the companies have their very own family, size and style of a font, referred to as typography, which they use and which helps all the customers to identify immediately who their competitors are.
- Flat Design: A flat design is usually used for the simplistic appearance it has. Instead of making use of the three-dimensional effects or some other similar design techniques, a flat design makes use of very simple illustrations which typically have many bright colours.
- Hover Effects: The hover effects usually help a person to identify where he is on a particular page. When he will place the cursor on a particular part of a website which has the hover effect, it will usually change the colour or will highlight, thereby letting him know where he is looking.
- Scroll to Page Sections: Some of the websites have a certain kind of feature in which you can click a certain link and it will brings you to a different part of the same page.
- Giant Product Images: Many websites have started to display several large images of products on their websites in order to highlight all the different parts or features of their products.